Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Double Decade

So I know this movie isn't new but this is the first time I had a chance to watch Double Decade. No matter what, no matter how far snowboarding progresses I still think Devun Walsh makes a slow floating 360 or backside 180 look better than any new kid off the block huck a 900 or even some new corked front misty 7 err some ish. He paved the way for some smooth steeze and after that it all followed. Now you can argue that there were many other great riders before him which there were but in my opinion and after watching Devun, it inspired me to rush hard, go bigger and float on snow. If I truly ride like that I really couldn't tell you, not much into filming, more into being in the moment and with the people that make me have fun snowboarding. Heikki Sorsa & Eero Ettala also had amazing parts in this film.

Anyways really bummin on the weather, we need snow, and I need to ride, express, vent, slay some powder and just be "one with nature." I know its corny but I think I can speak for all people growing up snowboarding and making it a big part of you life that if your not riding after awhile something is missing in your life, you become bitchy, at edge and you cant really explain it but say I need to go snowboarding...

I need to go snowboarding

No comments: