Sunday, February 8, 2009

24th LBS Finals

---
It was hard to get up and get going this morning but once the cold air hit my face and I had my coffee I was good to go.
Stopped off at the usual local spots to pick up a quick lunch for the mtn. It was such a beautiful ride up, the sky was glowing, It was absolutely beautiful.

The conditions were fast and fun. My level of riding was on point today, im still getting used to the new deck, some minor tweaks on the binding degress but nothin major..Sittin GOOFY:17/17 @ 24-1/4" wide.. I'm really happy with my board choice, maybe a little stiffer if anything. I Talked to my friends at Lib, see what we can do next year... There was a few clinics going on down at the lodge: Lib, Burton, Arbor, Gnu, pretty much everyone from Mervin Manufacturing and more, to many to name. Saw the new lines, talked to old friends, met new ones. All smiles all day. Roz was riding really really well today. Its so great to see her progress/adapt to a new style of riding, better all around.

Kicked back, had a few brews around one of the many fire pits and soaked it up.
I spaced and thought the salmon bake was today but it was actually yesterday so next year a I guess.
---
After we stopped off at the shop and then to North fork for a few more pints and some wood fire pizza. I swear the food there tastes so much better after you have earned your food from a long day riding. We road till last chair and I cant tell you how long its been since Ive done that. Getting back to the basics and refining what's fun in snowboarding to me is challenging but exciting at the same time. I will be finally picking up my transceiver this weekend for hiking the arm and getting some shoots, fresh pow and nice lines (4 day weekend) See photos for a Idea of "The Arm"
---
Results of the race HERE

Glowing Sunrise
I Love this place...
Mt. Baker
The Shack
Perfect Spot 4 a Name Drop-Local, 08 Pro Winner
The Course
Custom Fire Place (Not in photo::Beer Garden=Kegs=Happy Hippies @ Heart)
Tryin to look tough, pissed. Seriously sun was in my eyes I was smiles all day
The Roz™
Dirty Lib Dice

Sweetest beats from Cindy Lopper to Del to YES remixed Lil Wayne/PHILLY C

The Arm, I will be seeing you soon...


No comments: