Thursday, February 5, 2009

Floating Ideas



--
So hyped right now! I don't think anything can get me down right now. Rolled into work stoked cause of the news from yesterday, went and needed something from another department (payroll) they informed me with my new promotion that I made "Staff" which means you automatically get 3 weeks paid vacation each year and can accumulate more the longer you are working. Which is amazing news because of this: my previous position and 90& of the people I work with top off at two weeks, even if your there for 20 years. I'm one of the I think 30 people that are staff, by far the youngest that's for damn sure. Makes me feel good!

In other news I've been thinking of some shoe ideas. My steeze in cali isn't really manifesting it self here back in the northwest. Its just not practical. Ive been searching for new companies that are still putting out good product but its getting kinda hard. My hope in posting this is to have some comments or recommendations of companies Ive missed.

Main thing I'm looking at is shoes. All the REI mountain shoes suck and look horrible. I love the light feel of vans & converse but I'm just not into the thick soal. I like a more mellow shoe now a days. If I could only join Sanuk/Toms shoes (amazing, buddy reps for em and got me into em, just more for chilling though) Back to the issue...Join those W/Patagonia/Clae and that would be a dope shoe. Now not hippy either, maybe more beach,granola ish but I'm just not into bulk. I ran into a kid who had some steeze shoes but pced before I could ask what they were, so I know there out there!

Ive had tons of ideas lately for things but I'm out of Field Notes, got some limited ones coming very soon!

No comments: