Wednesday, January 21, 2009

THE EXPRESS


Today I thought it was gonna be another normal Wednesday. Work, Meeting, same ol same ol. Well I've been battling a headache for a few days so I decided to hang low, try and recover. I went and returned some video tapes and picked a few off the shelf. Just got some things that I could ignore and fall asleep to. Probably one of my top five things to do too. Fall asleep to a movie.

Ill back up a bit, I've always loved sports movies, underdog movies, true life movies of people overcoming and coming out on top. This has always been the case since I was very young, not sure why. I love all sports so much, never got to play in school. I'll copp out and blame my dad still because I enjoy it so much. One memory is that I got first in a track meet when I was younger. Growing up I was teased because I was faster then all the other kids but didn't play sports. Was more athletic and never played sports...This is maybe why I get emotional when I see true life sports movies, they inspire me, they make me feel as if I was 15 again. Well this one tops them all for me...

The Express-A true life story of Ernie Davis who was the first African American to win the heisman trophy (A Big Deal). Not only did this movie touch on racism but just how far "we" have come. Now if you know me I'm not much of a political person which means not at all but; I guess what impressed me the most is that there was a struggle and even after overcoming all this, Ernie Davis still died from Leukemia at the age of 23(I'm 23). I cant really explain it, pretty sure this blog will fly over some peoples heads (if you read this far) and just pass it off as a emotional day but...I feel and believe that its more than that. When you have a movie change your opinion and impress on you something more, change your perspective & even change the way you live your life...well isn't that why movies were made.

I questioned weather or not to post this blog, yes it is a little deeper, and kinda makes me vulnerable. Whatever, I am who I am and dammit I had tears in my eyes after a good friend recommended me to watch Bridge to Terabithia. I love movies and when they affect me like this one, well here it is...It was a good movie. I give it two thumbs up!

2 comments:

phone queen said...

Being Vulnerable is not all that bad. Sometimes it helps us look below the surface of how we really feel, and helps us see whats really inportant in our life. Love your blogs..You have always been a great writer.

shagorgenson said...

your "good friend" cried when watching that movie too, dont let him tell you otherwise