Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Longest Day

Prequel-Previous night (Friday) didn't get to bed till 1am technically Saturday morning. (had to find a CD player on batteries so i could go fishing)

The Longest Day:
Woke Up 4:30am to meet my dad, Uncle Ron & his son/my cousin Andy at my mom & dads house to pack Andy's boat and head out down south for some fishing, Already I'm super tired as it is, but I get some coffee in me and we head out.
Drive for about a hour and a half not getting much sleep on the way down.
Get to the boat launch off Camano Island at 7:30
Fish ALL Day (9 Hours)
Starting to get dark my cousin Andy says, one more pass and then that's it.
10 Minutes later (FISH ON!)
Backing up---There is tones of boats out (approx. 35-40) and no body is getting anything, no nets in the water on opening day for black mouth salmon which is kinda unheard of at the area we were fishing.
So back to FISH ON, freaking out, one other boat is only in the water now and heads back our way. I go for the net as my dad goes for the reel. Ron is reeling in one rod and Andy the other making sure we don't get any lines crossed. The net is under the bow and ends up being stuck, Andy is freaking out GET THE NET! Panicking, NET STILL STUCK. Andy screaming! I back out, hand him a knife. He cuts the caught pieces and I go for the Camera.
We get it in the boat, now mind you on opening and even after they grow black mouth are typically 7-10lbs. Ours...
14LBS BOO YAA.
All excited we get in the cubby and put the lines out for 30 more min. Nothing more but what a way to end the fishing trip.
We head for the boat launch and as were tucking everything away for the drive home, people are coming out to see what we caught...Man it feels good when you catch a fish. Felt Like "Fishers of Men."
Hour and Half drive home and again not much sleep. Re telling what happened 50 times. Get home, 6:30ish Clean the fish, I seasoned it and my dad put it on the grill.
I head home, shower and head across to my brothers where were leaving for a show downtown. It was Awesome! Few Beers, Great Locals and Overall a good time.
Now in Bellingham cops have been cutting down hard on driving late at night, so to be safe and responsible we get a cab, were like no biggie lets stop off at Denny's for some chow, kinda like ol times. Eat, fills the stomach, get back in the cab head home finally get some sleep.---So we though.
Another cab is gonna be a hour and half...
We man up and walk home 2-1/2 Miles in 30 degree temp, was snowing earlier. I have a shaved head, glasses on, Beta unit crew on and my nudies. I'm FREEZING!
Finally get home and now this is 2-3am on Sunday...Truly was the longest day and It was a Good Day.

The day in pics:
Sunrise
Little guy

We Got Her...
Fishermen
For the books
Fresh Salmon
Wild Buffello
Brit-Asema Amazing LIve!
Modeling


80's Rock

No comments: