Saturday, January 17, 2009

Samish Island

I love the weekends, there is something about combination of not working and good weather on the weekends that just puts a smile on my face and makes me so happy. I slept in trying to get rid of a migraine that has been a few days running so I didn't get a chance to go out in service. When I woke up it was like the morning on Ferris Buller's Day Off. Blue sky's and no clouds to be seen. After a fresh cup of coffee to wake me up I headed to the Kingdom Hall to get all the literature in line; which is kind of a chore when we have 5 different languages. Organization is key on this...

After a few hours I ran over to my grandparents for some laughs and helped them hook up there DVD player. Also picked up a pair of knitted booty's/slippers from my grandma, there pretty sweet.

As soon as I got home we started packing a a small cooler with steaks, seasonings and other misc items for Samish Island. We rolled up to the house and I was kinda surprised, I felt like I was on cribs. I was joking with Roz cause there was a smaller house across the street and I was like oh must be the guest house...Seriously it was, freaking huge guest house.

On the Dinner Menu:

Brochette
Fresh Oysters
Fresh Prawns
Jamaican Steaks- This new marinade I've been using. So good!
Sea Salt Baked Potatoes from the Fire
Wine

This house was something I imagined in the Hampton's, a beach house for the weekends. Which it is for some of our friends. The art in the house was from all local artists and was decorated very cool. My camera died after a bit so that's why there isn't much of a photo shoot.

The House
The Guest House and place to store the two boats...
Felt like this could have been a shot in Life Aquatic
Local Artist
Mt. Baker from new perspective
San Juan Islands
Beach Front
Another Local Artist

1 comment:

shagorgenson said...

how beautiful. im jealous of that buoy collection. makes mine look sad/ alone.