Friday, January 30, 2009

One 4 The Parents

After a long day of overtime I headed to the store to pick up some last minute items for the dinner tonight. It was my parents 29Th anniversary and my mom told me that all she wanted was a card and dinner, so that's what we did + a gift cause that would be just lame if we didn't get something.

Tonight was a total success. I cooked two different types of wild sock eye salmon which both recipes Ive never tried.

The first was a marinated Jamaican jerk w/ lemon salt. & the second was a brown sugar/cayenne pepper glaze. They turned out amazing! Better then Ruth Chris or any other fine restaurant I have ever been to. Yes even better than Dorcia... Everyone was happy to be with family and just relax. Roz cooked an amazing key lime crème brulée which was to die for. My parents were so happy that they didn't want the night to end.

It made me smile and feel proud to make my parents forget life's problems and enjoy a night to remember.

No comments: